Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blessing, Blessing, Lord I need a blessing

This is primer to a work in progress a book I'm currently working on; God wants you rich, what the bible says about money. This writing is totally separate from the book, it's actually a piece I wrote when I first started thinking about this issue back in the early 90's. I've since changed my approach to the issue of tithing since then, enjoy.

Your money is the best resource that the Father can use to bless you with, not the only resource. Instead of bless, bless, bless; try give, give, give. Give and it shall be given back unto you pressed down shaken together overflowing  so much that you cannot contain. God is in the blessing business, he's also in favor business, even still he's in the relationship business. 

Bring all your tithes in the store house, if you don't tithe you close the windows to heaven. But if you are a tither he will open up the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing you can't contain. A question I have to ask is, does it matter if you tithe or not? If you don't tithe are you not going to reap rewards if you're living a life beyond reproach? Let me ask this question, how many people can honestly say they are living in such abundance? Allow me to rephrase the question. How many faithful tithers live blessed lives who do not have jobs or someone else in the household supporting the family.

Never in our time has money been so much referred to. Without mentioning any names many faith ministries bring up money in every broadcast. They could speak about healing, the holy spirit, but still find time to speak about money or prosperity in the same breath; totally amazing to me. What ever happened to living holy or being a good steward of the word? Lastly, the only people who have benefited from the bless me message has been the ones who preach it day in day out.

Am I against blessing, no?
Am I against excess, Yes?
Am I against prosperity, No?
Am I against scripture misappropriation, Yes?

Yes I believe the Father is in the blessing business, his word says so. He wants us to not have lack, but most of all he wants us to have understanding. Understanding of why we do or not lack. He wants us to diligently search the scriptures. (2 Tim 3:16-17) and not twist the scriptures (2 Pet 3:16).

When I speak on this subject I have to be careful for my motives are not to discredit anyone or any ministry, but it's amazing that they can even believe what they preach let alone keep a straight face. One thing I will refuse to do is mention names as I say again it's not my job to discredit anyone or ministry. One Sunday night I was watching a ministry program, they went as far as calling the "declaring war on the spirit of debt". Think rationally and ask yourself, is debt a spirit? They showed in one segment people throwing money on stage. The first words out the Pastor's mouth was "in the last days the Father is going to give us a debt anointing". This is another topic or subject that has been abused, the anointing. You know with faith people they spiritualize everything. If you wake up early to jog, you have a jogging anointing. If you're not hungry and all of a sudden after twelve hours of not eating, you have an eating anointing. You may say I'm stretching it a bit; NO! All you have to do if you can stomach some of it, is listen to some of there messages, especially the older material when they were completely raw.

Food for thought if one is hungry

What is the difference between a man who is poor and destitute compared to a man who is rich and comfortable? Even though one is rich and one is poor, if there is no peace there is no joy. The point is, the Father will make us rich in knowledge in knowing him and his plan. No matter if you have a lot or a little, if we do not have peace, we have nothing. Peace is the sustainability to true happiness.

Note

Ministers as well as Ministries today are doing the same thing the Catholic leaders are doing, they are preaching blind faith. People would rather listen to a preacher then read for themselves. Convenience  has been the killer of knowledge and truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment